Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today it was raining and the car started fine then started running like crap and now i cant get it to even start. it only has this problem when its raining. any suggestions?

·
Registered
199 Posts
check your coils

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've had the same exact problem. Everytime it'd rain hard, or even a really heavy dew would make it sound like a Volkswagon. I had two problems... the distributor was getting condensation inside the cap, interrupting the electronics. I also had the 6 wires in the harness that plugs into the module come loose, and they were getting wet too. If I could get the engine running long enough to dry it out under the hood, it was ok. Otherwise the car had to sit for a day or two. Drove me nuts till it was found.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
i had the same problem with my Honda it was water getting into the electrical connectors. i taped them up real good. and also i hope you dont have a cold air intake during rainy weather.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think that was the problem. i lost my mind when i thought running a fender well cold air intake without wheel well protectors was a good idea. the filter was like a wet spoung. i know, im such an amature

R

·
0 Posts
I'll play Captain Obvious .....

Only go out on sunny days.....

Yep its Friday.......:strut

·
Registered
111 Posts
just to reiterate what the others said, The first 289 in my '69 had the exact same issues. The MSD distributor was getting wet as it was some how dry rotted when I got the car. Got a hole new distributor for kicks and it worked fine. I know it was the cap because the buddy of mine I gave the old one to just replaced the cap and all was good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.