Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanna thank the members that responded to me about the broken altermator bracket bolt that was in the head.all your suggestions were great.i ended up swapping the heads and turning them around.i just have to wait for the sleeve that fits in the huge hole in the head to come from ford on monday.im still puttin original bracket back on.a shop wanted to charge me a fortune in ny where i live so i ended up getting an out of work mechanic thru a friend. he's only chargin me 500 and i told him if he does i good job i'd give him a bonus.i've watched him do the whole job and the only thing that annoys me is that i told him while we have it apart we should paint the water pump, brackets,intake,valve covers,etcI figured i,d make the motor look a little better considering the car is a beautiful candy apple red thats been freshly painted.he didnt wanna do it.he was like its so time consuming and its not gonna stick.I told him i see many guys have painted under the hood and its fine.SO MUCH FOR HIM GETTING A BONUS!:nono:I'm saving 1000 in costs so i didnt complain to much! I CANT WAIT TO FIRE IT UP ON MONDAY! Hope all goes well!!!!!:laughlitt

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Well congrats and how did it go????

And painting stuff like that starts with prep. You really gotta clean the parts good so there is no crude, grease or oil on it. Prime it and paint it. Bake it in the oven so it that it really sticks well and slap it back on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i guess he isnt as lazy as i thought! now i gotta find him the firing order. hes puttin the wires back on then we gotta cross our fingers and see if the old girl runs! ill let u know what happens.if i come back and tell u then we are cool. if i dont then that means im in jail for killing my mechanic:winks:nono::shigrin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts