Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of Pacesetter LT headers for their V6 Mustang? I've been trying for 2 days to install mine and I cant seem to get the damn things into my engine bay... I tried slipping it from under the engine, not enough room. Tried going from up above and sliding it in, doesnt work... :headscratch: Do I need a lift for this install?

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I put on my Mac longtubes, I had pallets under each back wheel and jack stands in the front on their very last notch and then still just had enough clearance to side the headers underneath the car and up to the heads.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Nope, they slide in from the bottom...

Just have to find the angle.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I put on my Mac longtubes, I had pallets under each back wheel and jack stands in the front on their very last notch and then still just had enough clearance to side the headers underneath the car and up to the heads.
I will try that...

Nope, they slide in from the bottom...

Just have to find the angle.
Ok, even my sister said to slide it from underneath and so I tried that first... Thanks guys. Maybe I just need more ground clearance to angle it in? :)

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
How are you installing them? Do you have the car on jackstands? The motor needs to be raised up in order for them to fit into place. That would mean that you need to loosen the motormounts on both sides, place a jack under the harmonic balancer with a piece of wood on it, and slightly jack up the motor until they slide into place. The steering shaft needs to be removed on the driver's side as well. You do that by simply removing the lower bolt on the steering arm, and slide it up. It is no big deal, it sounds worse than it is......

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are you installing them? Do you have the car on jackstands? The motor needs to be raised up in order for them to fit into place. That would mean that you need to loosen the motormounts on both sides, place a jack under the harmonic balancer with a piece of wood on it, and slightly jack up the motor until they slide into place. The steering shaft needs to be removed on the driver's side as well. You do that by simply removing the lower bolt on the steering arm, and slide it up. It is no big deal, it sounds worse than it is......
Yes, I had the car up on jackstands. It's on its way to the local shop right now, because I don't want to bite off more than I can chew... Im no mechanic, I dont want to break my only remaining and working race car/DD, so Im passing it on to someone with more experience lol I will forward the info over to the installer, maybe it will cut down on actual down time...Im going to be there while the install happens, so I can see whats going to be done... Always willing to learn more... I wished I lived closer to you ShinerStang lol :gringreen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.