Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as a fast intro: I am 56yo. Got my first Mustang in 1969, a 1965 GT convertible, that I restored myself in 1986. My second Mustang is a 1965 "K" code coupe that I restored in the 1990's. And my 4th Mustang is a 1994 Cobra Pace Car replica that I bought new in 1994. I still have those 3. I also had a 1979 Mustang V6 Ghia hatchback that bought new in 1979 but had to sell when I went overseas in 1983. Now for my question. I am having gauge problem since having a rebuild done on my 94 Cobra 5.0L. Both the temperature and oil pressure read high even though I have confirmed that my engine is not overheating. I think it might be a ground strap problem, but I can't locate it. Where is it supposed to be? Thanks for any help.:wavey

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Welcome to the site. Check out the tech sections for some help.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
welcome to the forum, we've got a lot of tech people here that know a lotta stuff and are friendly and willing to help you :)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Glad to have you on AFM.:bigthumbsup Sounds like you have some nice mustangs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI - I was able to solve my gauge problem by having a new ground strap installed. Gauges are all reading nominal and are accurate. Turns out the original ground strap was not replaced after the rebuild as I suspected. But, I still don't know what it looks like or where it is supposed to be. My new ground strap is a battery cable from the block to the chassis.

S

·
0 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. Get some pics up when you get a chance and enjoy AFM!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.