Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says in the title, im wondering if a fuel sending unit from a 94-95 will go into a 1990-93 fox's tank. i know that the hard lines on the 94's have a larger diameter than the foxes and that its better to use them with a high flow fuel system, just didnt know if that fuel pump hanger would go into a foxes tank without any problems. if there are issues, im curious what it would take. i dont know if the 90-93 tanks are the same as the 94-95, if so then obviously there wouldnt be a problem.

i have -8an steel braid that im going to connect to the hard lines of the fuel pump hanger then route them to my aeromotive fuel rails and adj FPR, i just dont want to use the fox's smaller hard lines when the next years are a more desirable size to feel a high flow system.

if anyone knows whether the tanks are the same or if you can transplant the fuel pump hangers from 94 to 90 id appreciate the info!

kyle

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so 28 people have looked at this thread and no one knows if the 94-95s have the same gas tank as the fox bodys?

if anyone knows id appreciate some info guys

thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
87-95 fuel pumps are all interchangeable with no modification. as for the tanks themselves, i dont recall any differences other than having tho modify the filler neck to fit 94-95 tank in a fox.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
If your wondering this just because your wanting bigger lines coming out of the tank your wasting your time and $. The sump lines clip into 3/8 and 5/16 from what i seen installing the t rex. It has 3/8 hook ups but just slid on and clipped. The hard lines running from front to rear are what needs to be changed for more fuel. And that only neds to be done after 500 hp.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why would it be a waste of time and money for me to want a larger diameter line coming out of my tank? i know what the set up is with the hoses that clip onto the hanger lines that go into the hard lines down the pass frame rail.

i already have a 255lph pump, high flow aeromotive filter aeromotive fuel rails -8an feed and -6an return steel braided hose from the front to the back and an aeromotive FPR, why would i want to keep the small lines from the fuel hanger when i can get a 94s that has larger lines coming out of the tank? wouldnt it be better to make the whole system larger rather then having everything upgraded except for a huge diameter difference right where the fuel starts from?

please explain why that is a waste? just seems stupid to have a much larger fuel delivery system that tapers down to these tiny ass hard lines that go to the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.