Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my buddy's house the other night and drove home and when i tried to shut my car off the key moved but it was free floating and was not shutting the car off. i killed it and disconnected the battery so it wouldnt stay on all night. the next day i bought a new ignition cylinder and installed it... didnt fix it. after tearing the knee bolster off and the column cover off and taking the actual ignition switch out i found that its the actuator that that works between the key and the switch is broken, off track, or just plain wore out. it catches enough to start the car i just cant shut it off. i have the switch under the dash pulled out and ive just been starting the car from the switch as well as shutting it off.

im really aprehensive about tearing into the steering column because im afraid ill never get it back together the way it goes. so my question is: i was looking at some toggle switch panels just yesterday. how hard would it be to wire my ignition up to a toggle switch and push button system?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts