Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just baught this car about a month and a half ago and its my first mustang. 1st issue is when im at idle and out of gear there is a a rythmic squeek but when i put a little pressure on the clutch pedal it goes away. is there some stupid reason its doing this?

2nd issue. im having trouble chasing a grinding noise under my car. it doesnt matter if its a small rock in the road or a large bump, the car will grind and it makes me shutter. ive heard that it might be the emergency brake handle rubbing on the drive shaft, "its the rear brake", and "its a wheel bearing". as much as i love my friends and family i know none of them have worked on a car themselves :D so i dont take there advice to heart very well. any help would be much appreciated guys! hope this is a pretty good first post haha

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
1st problem? Throw out bearing...it will rattle for awhile but will fail eventually, yeah you'll have to buy a new clutch, pp and Ford throwout bearing, sooner or later
2nd? I have to guess it might be ball joints

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
3rd, bring it to someone that knows what they are doing to diagnose it so you don't play dartboard diagnostics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found one issue

i found out what the grinding noise was, the e brake cable is grinding on the driveshaft so one of these days ill get under it and hang it back up. i guess its common from what i see online.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Put your foot under the clutch pedal and pull up on it. These cars have automatic clutch adjusters on them and that is how you adjust it. The throw out bearing might be rubbing on the fingers of the pressure plate causing the squeeking noise. This may or may not help, but it's easy enough to try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have same problem sounds like chriping when i rest my foot on clutch pedal the chriping goes away taken the transmission out twice replaced pilot and throw out as well i hate that sound!!!!!!!! 1994 saleen

·
Registered
593 Posts
My manual V6 was making this noise... I removed the clutch fork cover to discover it was rubbing! I shaved off a bit of the rubber portion that was rubbing, but the sound returned a couple of months later. A new clutch fork is likely the solution for me. I recommend you two take a look at that area, too...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts