Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to find out from people what they think would be a better performing throttle body. i got a 70 mm bbk on my car now but it seems to have an idling problem since i put it on. i adjusted till i can't adjust no more. i heard that bbk is not a good choice in the first place. what you think.....

R

·
0 Posts
BBK is a decent unit except for the whistle

Accufab makes a good unit ......

or my personal favorite wilson manifold......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of a wilson i have the accufab but everytime i look at accufab they never mention one for a 1994-1995.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I love my 65mm BBK throttle body and it helped fix my high idle. Maybe the 70mm is too big for your car? What kind of idle problems we talking?

·
Registered
31 Posts
did you check the throttle pistion senser on the throttle body i had to oblong the the screws to turn the senser back. get a voltage meter and do a voltage sweep it should read .5 volts closed and 1.0 wide open throttle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The idle takes a few seconds to idle down below 1000 rpm then it will drop to 800 or 900.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Here is the Wilson TB ......

in my opinion the best money can buy its what i run......:bigthumbsup

Wilson Manifolds - Throttle Bodies
If it's good enough for Reggie's 9 second Box body then it's gotta be pretty good. :gringreen

I strongly doubt that your problems are caused by the TB. You need to adjust your TPS, clean your IAC, and set your timing to at least 10*. That should solve your problems... :bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
wilson is a florida thing just like pro pwer stroker kits & promotion transmission

They are all located in Ft. Lauderdale.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reggie
You mentioned a wilson throttle body, I did look up the web sight but i can't seem to find a throttle body that fits my car..1994 mustang cobra.. is it that they may not make one for this year? I email'd them a question and they stated that my year has an oblong throttle body (i don't think so) :headscratch:and they mainly serve fox body..Don't know if the guy who replied understood my question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.