Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang has 83,000 miles and runs great but recently hasnt been shifting normally, shifting at around 4,500 rpm instead of 3,000 or so as it use to.
So my question is, is anything wrong?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Something is wrong. Try adj the TV cable and changing the filter, but IM betting your about to be rebuilding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I don't know a whole lot but what is the TV cable and which filter?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The trans filter when you pull the pan and the tv cable is the kick down cable. It should have no play when you look at it with the pan off. However to correctly set it you need a gauge it should read 0-5psi at idle and 40 psi wot. Id may be best to take it to a shop. With your low miles it may have missed the Ford recall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i'd just need to take it too a shop and ask whats up with my transmission if its shifting high and they'd look at it for me.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
No TV cable on a '94 AOD-E car...

Now, shifting at 4,500, by itself, doesn't seem a problem. Mine shifts at 5,000 plus all the time...

If you are going to have someone else do your work for you, don't let the quickie oil change place do the tranny...take it to a transmission shop...

Now, believe it or not, there are some transmission issues that the computer can tell you about. Could be the TPS. Could be any number of other sensors. Before I did anything, I would try to figure out with a little more detail what was going on.

Pull the codes. Just to be sure. Never know, they might tell you what the issue is...

DIY KOEO/KOER/Cylinder Balance Self-Test Procedure

Amazon.com: Equus 3145 Ford Digital Code Reader: Automotive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts