Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post here and I'm hoping that someone has an idea of what's going on with my Mustang.

A couple of months ago, my engine starting cutting off while driving. If I am coasting on the freeway and leave it in gear, it will kick back on after a few seconds. Sometimes the engine kicks on immediatly, other times I have to coast to the shoulder and restart the engine. The radio, head lights, etc... still stay on. The only guage that indicates something is wrong is the tachometer. It goes to zero RPM even though the engine is still in gear and coasting.

Here is what I have done so far in attempt to fix the issue. Replaced Ignition Control Module, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, Plugs, Sparks, Wires, Cap and Rotor, and I cleaned the IAC valve with carb cleaner. After I replaced the plugs, sparks, and wires... the problem seemed to go away for a couple of weeks, or at least the engine did not cut off as often.

What is going on? Any ideas of how I can troubleshoot this problem? Any ideas why changing the spark, plugs, and wires improved but did not solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
960 Posts
replace mass air flow sensor my brother had same problem

tach goes off because it is hooked up to the engine not the tranny like the speedometer is.

the reason it probably went away is because when you replaced your air filter you jigled your mass air flow sensor which might be why it drove better for a few weeks.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You can do that, and then check the codes and see if that tells you what it could be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.