Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys how are you doing? This my first thread and is not about my car, my girlfriend has a 1994 mustang gt, the car is pretty nice and works pretty good on idle, the problem is when the car is running around 50-55 miles it starts to hesitate. After a while the check engine turns on. The car has 24 lb injectors, cobra intake, c&l maf, 70mm throttle body, new fuel pump, fuel regulator and gauge, gears and they swap the transmision to an auto. We bought a scanner to read the codes and it says that the car is running lean, gives a code for the o2 sensors and egr valve as well. She has already changed all sensors, maf, air temp., oxygen sensors, distributor, cap and rotor, module, coil, spark plugs and wires, and the last thing was the egr valve. We are just desperate and ran out of ideas, help please. Thanks!

· Banned
12,365 Posts
the car needs a custom tune to compensate for the injectors and such...the ECU is programmed for the 19s...more than likely the cause of the problems...why are they in there anyway? No gains....
Also the transmission is computer controlled...was that swapped? If not you'll need the ECU from an automatic car

· Registered
3,135 Posts
Check your fuel pressure, and look for vacuum leaks.
Plus one...... also plus one on the car may need a tune after the new added parts. Could be something simple as a clogged fuel filter too.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fuel filter has also been replaced, about the transmision yes it still has the original ECU for the manual transmision but its been running like that for more than three years without a problem, and about the tune i really dont know how that works but sounds like a good idea. So you guys think that the 24lb injectors are not necessary? I was thinking maybe a vacuum leak on the back of the cobra intake. thanks:bigthumbsup

G

·
A tune isn't a bad idea, except if it's done to compensate for a mechanical failure (like a vacuum leak). Try to find that first.

The 24's probably aren't necessary, but they're probably not hurting anything either. If anything, if you installed them untuned or without a matched MAF (maybe your C&L is matched) you'd be running RICH. If you swap those out for 19's with no other changes you'll be running even leaner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.