Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 94 mustang gt and its getting time for me to change the oil. i think what is in it now is just conventional and i was wondering if i should just stick with it or switch. my friend tells me to stay with conventional because the seals are saturated with convintional and because synthetic doesn't expand as much, you can have minor oil leaks. i ws just wondering if anyone had any advice. thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
i just got a 94 mustang gt and its getting time for me to change the oil. i think what is in it now is just conventional and i was wondering if i should just stick with it or switch. my friend tells me to stay with conventional because the seals are saturated with convintional and because synthetic doesn't expand as much, you can have minor oil leaks. i ws just wondering if anyone had any advice. thanks
Please do not go to syn. for your own sake. The cylinder walls have thin films of oil. Synthetic oil is so strong it will eat away all that film. Your car will burn oil like crazy. I've seen a car need a quart of oil a week cause of that! I would not use synthetic oil in a car if it had over 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I use Mobil 1 and have had no issues at all.It all comes down to personal preference.If you ask 10 different people,you can get 10 different responses.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Its a personal choice, as long as the Oil meets the Specs it is fine. I run Full Synthetic in my Truck and Blended Synthetic in the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Royal Purple 10W-30 in the Mustang for me. Love it, when I pulled out my motor and tore it apart, there was no sludge, nasty dark color oil stains or even the smell or the "burnt" oil. Pretty good stuff, besides the near nine dollar a quart pricetag but I sure am willing to pay it for the results I have seen.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Modern oils have so many additives you might as well go with standard...however, I've run Mobil 1 in my Cobra for over 150,000 miles and it runs like new...no bearing problems like you hear from others...so in the end, your wallet may decide

·
Registered
459 Posts
my car uses mobil 1 full syn and i have 0 complaints. im using a 5w 20 and am probably going to switch over to a 10w 30 cause my cars has 155,xxx miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.