Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,:wavey

I have been reading here for awhile and have gained quite a bit of knowledge but just haven't posted. In any case, hello to all my Mustang brethren!

I have a 1994 Mustang GT with 20" Cobra R wheels on it. Currently, I have 373 gears but it doesn't seem to be doing as well as it did when I had 17" Cobra R wheels. My buddy told me that it was due to the larger wheel. Is this true? Should I go with a different gear. Some have suggested a 4.56 gear while others say a 4.30 will do what I want.

I live in VA and put about 3k miles on the car per year, so it is not driven a lot. I don't take it to the track either. My buddies and I pretty much just like to ride the strip from time to time and do some spin outs to attract a little attention. I am more into sound and taking off with some oomph than anything else. So, what is best for me? I have minor modifications to the car such as cold air kit, headers, x-pipe, super 44 mufflers from Flo-master. What else should I do? Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Your decrease in performance is due to the increased weight and more importantly the increased rotational mass of the 20s. To be honest its not going to be very fast anyways and you should worry about your stock brakes not being adequit enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.