Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this has got me really, really baffled! A few months ago, I put a new cobra lower intake in my car, no leaks all works fine. However, the thermostat area sprung a leak, so, pulled it apart and found the thermostat had fallen upon install and got in between the housing and lower intake. Bought a new gasket and thermostat, installed and wow....again, leaking and overheating. I bought a few new gaskets and would not believe, each time, there was a leak between the housing and lower intake. Thought my housing might be the problem, so I bought a new one......put it in the other day, and BAM....still leaks. I'm baffled over this. I have put in numerous thermostats and never has this happened. Am I doing something wrong? I always put the thermostat in the right way in the housing, a light coat of black rtv, gasket and then a light coat of black rtv on the gasket. I have no clue what is wrong. Any ideas on this one?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
they actually make a thermostat housing sealer. i had to use it on mine cause it was doing the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.