Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well so far my Pony has been real nice to me, and I've been nice to Pony. BUT, I started my Pony this evening just fine, drove for 15mins, in-store for about 10mins, came out, and it would not start or even crank. Now, I should mention the previous owners are complete retards and obliviously don't know how to wire things together properly. I assure you now everything is grounded properly.

On the other hand, I've been having problems with my auto shifter cable. It takes alot of effort to shift into gear from park. I have to go all the way down into 1st, then 2nd, THEN drive to go. If I want reverse I have to do the same thing. Neutral is drive... ya very confusing.

Now you don't really need to hear about that, but only my theory of maybe that led to F' up my TR (Transmission Range) sensor which is why I can't start it, cause it thinks it's not in park or neutral.

Any ideas what it may be? I don't have alot of spare time to work on it since I work full time 6 days a week, and when I get off work, the sun is gone, and sunday is the only time I have off.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
does the key turn past the run position? if it doesnt go to the crank position its ur range sensor if it does, its something else

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the key turns all the way.

I'm out of options on what to do.
Thought it may have been the battery, so my friend tried to boost it, but nothing.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
it could be a number of things.. does the anti theft flash repeatedly for an extended period of time(more than say 3 seconds)? does the fuel pump prime? does the computer and gauge cluster activate normally? i think it would be a good idea to double check your grounds again.. possibly even make sure your starter's wiring hasnt been messed with

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Yes, and Yes.

I should, but I'm not too sure where the starter IS exactly. Then again, it's hard to check cause it's been lowered quite a bit, and hard to get under and even get a jack under.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Case closed.

Found out my shifter cable broke. Well not ENTIRELY but the casing surround it rusted through and the cable broke free. Can't find a shifter cable anywhere on a weekend, but thank god I work at Car Quest. I can order parts and buy them myself at wholesale price. I bought a starter from there... list price $205! I got it for $100!

Lol well for anyone who has a problem such as this, jack your car up, and follow the shifter cable. If you can't find the cable, or don't know which one it is, simply check every cable or line to see that they are intact nor corroded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.