Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey everyone whats up... well ya i just got my 1994 V6 Mustang and i was wondering whats the best way i can get some more power out of it with out spending too much money... i am not really sure what my budget on it is at the moment but if some one could write me a list of stuff i could get for my car with the prices and maby some different choices that would really help me

Thanks
ohh and if its easier for you.. you can email it to me at [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
xx-cecil-xx said:
hey everyone whats up... well ya i just got my 1994 V6 Mustang and i was wondering whats the best way i can get some more power out of it with out spending too much money... i am not really sure what my budget on it is at the moment but if some one could write me a list of stuff i could get for my car with the prices and maby some different choices that would really help me

Thanks
ohh and if its easier for you.. you can email it to me at [email protected]
There's a sticky on the subject, and hit the archives.

basically, go for underdriver pulleys, a drop in filter, and 1.8 Roller Rockers, + dual exhaust.

That'll get you started.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
It's kind of like asking which computer should I buy, it depends on what you want to do with it. Drag race, road race, custom or? What most interests you, engine, suspension/brakes, transmission/gearing, chassis/body? Where do you want to go and where do you want to start? A good place to begin is by buying every Mustang magazine you can find and reading them cover to cover. This won't help as much with your V6 engine, as articles on V6s are few and far between, but the basics are all the same. You can also try forums like this and v6power.net
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
Pyrat said:
It's kind of like asking which computer should I buy, it depends on what you want to do with it. Drag race, road race, custom or? What most interests you, engine, suspension/brakes, transmission/gearing, chassis/body? Where do you want to go and where do you want to start? A good place to begin is by buying every Mustang magazine you can find and reading them cover to cover. This won't help as much with your V6 engine, as articles on V6s are few and far between, but the basics are all the same. You can also try forums like this and v6power.net
yeah, you really need a budget, a goal, and a plan. You can't really put the plan together until you have the 1st two.

your budget can be $25.00 a month, more or less, but you need to know what you're willing to spend.

It's also important to keep in mind how many miles are on the engine/tranny, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kscoyote said:
There's a sticky on the subject, and hit the archives.

basically, go for underdriver pulleys, a drop in filter, and 1.8 Roller Rockers, + dual exhaust.

That'll get you started.
i see... i was reading somewhere that under driver pulleys will affect your stero and some other stuff and also what is a roller rocker could some one explain that stuff to me please.... srry i am really kind of new to this stuff

Also does anyone happen to know how much Horsepower a stock 1994 3.8 V6 mustang has... thnx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
xx-cecil-xx said:
i see... i was reading somewhere that under driver pulleys will affect your stero and some other stuff and also what is a roller rocker could some one explain that stuff to me please.... srry i am really kind of new to this stuff

Also does anyone happen to know how much Horsepower a stock 1994 3.8 V6 mustang has... thnx
How much stereo equipment do you have?

If you're running a couple of subs, you can always overdrive the alternator.

stock, you have 140-145 hp.

Roller Rockers increase the lift on your valves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well at the moment i only have a new deck which is like 180 watts(45 x 4) and 2 new front speakers which are 150 watts each and then i am pretty sure they are stock back speakers... but i plan on getting a sub or 2 and a pair of new back speakers so id also be adding an amp... and thnx for the HP amount and also... what exactly does an underdrive pulley do ... i mean i assume it adds more HP but what exactly does it do to the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,432 Posts
xx-cecil-xx said:
well at the moment i only have a new deck which is like 180 watts(45 x 4) and 2 new front speakers which are 150 watts each and then i am pretty sure they are stock back speakers... but i plan on getting a sub or 2 and a pair of new back speakers so id also be adding an amp... and thnx for the HP amount and also... what exactly does an underdrive pulley do ... i mean i assume it adds more HP but what exactly does it do to the car
I'm running a professional amp with 42% underdrivers, and I have no charging problems at all. THe head unit is 220 wats with 180 watt speakers all around.

In any case, it's easy to overdrive the alternator, and you'll still net a lot more hp than just about any other mod you do for under $200.

UD pulleys for your car are only 69-89 dollars depending on finishing . ..
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top