Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to state this first, I believe it is a fuel problem, but it is possible that it could be something else. My car died on me, so I checked and replaced the spark plugs because they were fouled out. The car runs, but has no power on take off. If you put the accelerator to the floor, it accelerates, but with little power until it gets up to about 2500 rpm. In doing this, I believed it was the fuel pressure regulator. Easy fix, replaced it; still have the same problem. Now I am going to change the fuel pump. I did check the fuel pressure, it read 26 psi and O.E. specs are for 30-40 psi. I am going to replace the pump and post whether or not it fixes it. might be a vaccum leak, not sure, but it's driving me nuts and I just want to put it in the river right now lol.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Check the vacuum line going to the FPR. It could be leaking. Also, did you do the test with the vacuum line disconnected? I bet it would jump up to 35-40psi with the vacuum source disconnected.......

If you are running pig rich and low fuel pressure, it could be anything from the PCM to injectors stuck open......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed the fuel pump, didn't help anything. I checked the vaccum line to the FPR, and it's ok. I'm just gonna have to take it to a shop because I don't have the time or the equipment to run further tests. Probably something simple, I just can't find it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts