Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well recently, the headgaskets blew on my mustang and it had a starting issue. Well headgaskets are replaced everything works, but now it doesnt want to start right after you start it and drive and try to restart it.

It has a 8 psi vortech procharger on it, so we run it at 42psi of fuel pressure.

But it seems like it floods itself out *what we think* its still having starting issues.

What else could it be?

·
0 Posts
When you start it crank it for a second and then hold the pedal to the floor to start it. If it works then you definitely are flooding it when you start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya it does that. so is regulator bad or fuel pump bad?

Also when we give it gas it has no balls anymore. It feels like it WANTS to go kinda studders but doesnt. we looked at it and think its not gettin enough fuel. So we came to 3 conclusions

Change fuel filter
And regulator

and possibly fuel pump??

·
0 Posts
I'd try the regulator first, but before you replace the whole thing try replacing the vacuum line that goes to it. It might be clogged or leaking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
after you start it.. does it run ok.. and then when you shut it off and restart do you get the problem?.. I had a similar problem with my car.. found it was the fuel pump over heating and seizing in the tank..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well we have this problem.

When you give the mustang gas and redline it it builds up pressure and the dipstick comes out a little bit and oil comes out. Now someone said that the procharger can be building up backpressure and causing this.

Should we take procharger off? or what could cause this problem?

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
A clogged pcv valve can cause this. I had this problem when my old motor had crapped out piston rings. If you pull off the hose going from the valve cover fill spout to the throttle body do you see any smoke ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.