Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new to the forums...i'm wanting to upgrade cams from stock wanted some opinions on aftermarket cams. i've heard the ford racing alphabet cams were a bit dated and ive been looking at the stage 1 trickflow cams. if anyone has used one it would be great to hear from you. My goal is nothing crazy, im just wanting to build a decent street car. i'm puting a 95 cobra engine into an 85 hatch.i bought the long block with the gt40 heads and 1.7 rockers. im running an air gap intake,600 cfm carb and msd ignition. maybe thats enough info.thankssss

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
There's LOTS here that run that cam, and since it's going to be a carbed engine, it'll give no trouble. If it was including the 1995 computer in the swap, you might've needed a computer tune.
It'll work fine also with the 1.7's, with them you'll go from .499/.510 lift up to .530/.541. Considering it doesn't have a lot of duration, it should clear the piston reliefs too.
You can do a search for sound clips of it if you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome. what about stock valve springs? should i change them, if so what is recomended? this is my first ford build-up by the way....should've got one years ago...

·
Registered
53 Posts
HEY BRO,
i get all my info from the guys at ford motorsports' tech guys (free advice you can trust), 1(800)367-3788 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i heard all those ford racing cams were designed some time ago and were a little bit dated.i've never ran either so i cant say from experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.