Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEy, what's up...I was looking at a 1995 Cobra that is on sale but I wanted to know if there is anywhere specific where I can look to see if it is a legit Cobra. It has a 5.0 Cobra Engine and the body looks like a legit cobra but then again anyone can convert the SN95. Would the pink slip say SVT anywhere on it or something? Do the seats on the 1995 Cobra have the snake printed on it? (this one is just plain brown leather)

If the guy doesn't have the cobra certificate do you think or know I can get a duplicate just by sending in the VIN to SVT?

I am really attracted to the car but I want to make sure I am getting what I am paying for by being a true cobra. What would be a good price for a '95 with:

111k miles, Headers, X-Pipe, Borla Catback, 5.0 Cobra Engine, 70mm TB, 3.55 Gears, Manual...(that;s all I know up to know)

Thanks, I would appreciate any input!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The eight value in the VIN reading from left to right will be the letter "D" if it's a true 95 Cobra. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
for me the fastest way is to look at the front brakes. very few cobra clones will have the 13" cobra brakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.