Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a junkyard and I found a '95 crown Vic with (i think) an aluminum intake manifold. Is this a performance manifold? If so will it work on my '96 GT?

·
Registered
17 Posts
it's heavy, has tiny ports and use parts that make it $$$ to adapt to anything else but what it came on....
Hey randy, quick question. A guy from FordSpeedRacing told me he thinks the ports on the dorman are smaller then they should be for a mustang. He should i would loose horsepower and what not. Do you think the ports on a dorman are smaller then a intake manifolds port should be? He also said the dorman intake manifold is used on town cars, however, it does fit the mustang but its not a good part to put on.

G

·
yeah they are and I don't like the dorman intakes because of the intergrated o-ring in the intake to cyl head area... that statement about Town Cars using Dorman intakes is kinda' false, maybe as a replacement but NOT from the factory...also I've heard of some COP's and fuel rail fitment issues when using the Dorman intakes...stay wth an oem Ford, it's not that much....;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.