Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 95 5.0 mustang i already have a few things done. including bbk equal length shorty headers, bbk o/r h-pipe, flowmaster 44 series cat-back, pro 5.0 short throw shifter, k&n CAI, smog delete, a/c delete, trick flow underdrive pulleys, msd cap and rotor, 48,000v street fire coil, 9mm ford racing wires. I would like to get around 400 bhp out of my motor naturaly aspirated i know the 5.0s are good motors and have alot of potential. I just think its more badass to get alot of power n/a then forced intuction. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
400 is a lofty goal for NA. I'm sure it can be done but the cost involved makes forced induction a natural choice. You will have to bore and stroke for starters (347), Good aluminum heads, full exhaust, electric water pump, etc. The cost involved and reliability issues is why most choose to go with a Vortech, Paxton, etc.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome to AFM! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome to AFM!! Im sure youll get some good insight on here. Personally i think you could reach 400 with a 331 stroker and a great tune. that way you wont have to guess on the reliability of going to a 347 but you still have more than your stock 302 :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Welcome to AFM. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
:waveyWelcome to AFM.:wavey

·
Registered
823 Posts
Welcome to the forums!:bigthumbsup