Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys heres the problem. I buy my 95 mustang gt and I'm all happy and like "YEAH, I LOVE MUSTANGS!" (which I do a lot or I wouldn't be here.) Well I have had it for about a month and it seems fine but I have two huge questions.

1. I have this squeaking/chirping coming from the front. I think its the serpentine or the brand spankin new supercharger belt I just put on.

2. I get this little squeaky sound when I barely lay on the clutch and it sometimes does it off and on rarely. I'm thinking it might need adjusting but you guys may know more.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
for 1--- did it do it before you put the new blower belt on?

2---my TOB actually did that before it started to chirp and carry on.... have you had it looked at by a tech?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Okay guys heres the problem. I buy my 95 mustang gt and I'm all happy and like "YEAH, I LOVE MUSTANGS!" (which I do a lot or I wouldn't be here.) Well I have had it for about a month and it seems fine but I have two huge questions.

1. I have this squeaking/chirping coming from the front. I think its the serpentine or the brand spankin new supercharger belt I just put on.

2. I get this little squeaky sound when I barely lay on the clutch and it sometimes does it off and on rarely. I'm thinking it might need adjusting but you guys may know more.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks

1. Remove the sepentine belt from the pulleys and then, 1 by 1, hand spin each pulley to see if you can duplicate the noise.

2. A throw out bearing, if adjusted properly, IS NOT spinning until you depress the clutch pedal, therefore, a bad or going bad, throw out bearing, will squeal when you depress the clutch pedal and be silent when your foot is off of the pedal. Again, this is assuming your clutch is adjusted correctly.

General rule of thumb is you need to have between 1/8" and 1/4" gap between the face of the bearing and the fingers on the pressure plate when the clutch pedal is all the way out at the rest position. A mechanical clutch throw out bearing CANNOT RIDE on the fingers of the pressure plate 100% of the time or it will wear out prematurely.

Richard
Tech Support
Tremec TKO, T45 & T56 Transmission Systems

·
Registered
160 Posts
i had the chirping too, and am replacing the entire clutch assembly since i'll already be in the to check out the pilot and throwout bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.