Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats a good car alarm to get for my car because i dont want people to steal my stereo and stuff cause i have a non removable faceplate 7 inch touch screen dvd player, and also i dont want them to take like stuff from my console and glove box

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Prestige Platinum by audiovox on mine. It came with when I bought the car, but I do like it, remote start and the plug in shock sensor so you can leave the top down if you have to run in the store for a short time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
i always put my top up. i have 2 12's sittin taking up my whole back seat some strong hijo de perra could just reach right in and steal them. plus people are in awe when they see a droptop... like a transformer

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok yeah i need to just get something basic for now thats pretty cheap where can i get one for me and i cant get remote start cause miens a stick shift

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a viper 5901 with a proximity sensor added. So if you want the top down for a min when you run into the gas station you can. If someone puts their hand in the car the warn goes off and if they don't move it then full alarm and you have paging on the keypad. Plus if you want the top up while it was parked somewhere and say they cut the top it will still go off. Of course thats not going to pay for a new top, but you don't have to buy a new dvd/tv/navi. Plus you get all the features like remote start and it is set up to work on a stick provided you follow the procedures. Best thing is the remote charges instead of batteries. But if you are after cheap still find something with a prox sensor. I got mine on ebay brand new for about $300 bucks. Of course you still have to get it installed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats sounds dso awesome with a proximity sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.