Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody im new to this whole forum thing and i really need help. i have a 1995 mustang gt covertible and im really tired of driving automatic. so i want to swap the AODE trans with a t-5 trans and i dont know everything going to need to swap it. if anyone has a complete list of everything i will need to do the swap please help! cause i have a lot of plans for my gt but i dont want to start anyting unitl it is converted to stick.

one more thing is that ive been hearing a stories saying it just not worth it and your better off just buying a mustang thats already stick and that it never runs right after the swap. if anyone can clear up those stories please let me know. cause my car only has 58k on it its still a baby i can get 100k more miles of the car not problem.:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,436 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
That ebay kit 2manystangs listed is actually a pretty good deal. I would jump on it.

I converted my car many moons ago... and did another one this past summer. Here is a write up on it:

Ford Mustang: Mustang Tech: Transmission and Drivetrain: AODE to T5 Swap

You may be better off selling this car and just buying a manual. Definitely push your numbers before you begin to buy.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Going through with my AOD to T5 swap. If your AODE has gone south, than going to a T5 as opposed to buying a "new" rebuilt AODE and torque converter won't be all that much different in price.

If you are willing to hunt and wait for all the parts there are plenty of used stuff available although I would still at least buy a new clutch replacement kit.

If it's worth it depends on what you already have in the car you want to do the swap. Don't forget that when you buy the next Fox you'll have to pay sales tax, registration etc so don't foget those miscellaneous costs that nip at your wallet.

If you already have a car with a bunch of mods, you will in most cases eat the cost of any upgrades and could have to start all over.

But, if you car is a rust bucket or very minimal mods then swapping to a car with a T5 already in may end up being cheaper in the long.

My swap is costing me $2280 and that's all new except for the pedal assembly and the reverse light harness to give you and idea on what it can cost.

Obviously if I wanted to go used I could shave that down at least $700 or more but you have to be patient (I'm not:shigrin). I've found eBay prices to be ridiculus so buyer beware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts