Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 95 gt. got mild stuff done to it.. cold air intake shorty headers, 373 gears, flowmasters mild cam. now when i first got the car bout 6 mnths ago.. my check engine light came off and on.. dude told me it wus from the cats taken out.. i looked under the car and there were the 02 sensors in the exhaust themselves.. i looked around some more and found this plug unplugged under the engine compartment.. i plugged it back in and no more check engine light problems.. but.. now it feels like it doesnt have the power that it did b4.. wus that plug unplugged for a reason or ??? i hear theres a mil elminator u could get to eliminate the brain reading the exhaust wrong and making u run too rich.. but i cant find one for my year.. i looked on late model restoration and it stops at 94..

also does neone know where i could get a sct chip for my year because everwhere i look skips my year.. it goes to 94.. then to 96.. any help would be appreciated

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
there is no difference in 94 or 95 gts...whatever works for 94 would work for 95, you need your o2 sensors hooked up and working, don't use MIL eliminators, the O2s may not be working at all and need replacing...talk to SCT about your tuning needs

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Actually learn to run the codes on your car as this is free and will give you an idea on what is happening with your car. It can be so many things that might be affecting the power and driveability.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok tnx all.. 2manystangs .. do u live in tampa.. if so i live in lakeland.. right down the road.. i see ur thread on dyno tuning.. i could prbly use that.. would like to get some prices on that tnx again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our cars don't have cat monitoring so they won't throw a code from a lack of cats.

I can't tell what you plugged back in based on your description. Either post a picture or check the codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts