Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Stock '95 5.0L?

Rebuild to manufacturer specs.

If you're talking about getting the MOST HP out of it, there are several different scenario's...turbo, supercharge, NOS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HeHe

I've already got a super, NOS, cold air intake,and a intercooler. just wanting to know wat else i can do im a beginner so any advice is good . thnx

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
So, do you want it to stay stock looking (to whatever extent that is possible with a supercharger and NOS system), or are you just generally looking for better performance?

Work on the drivetrain. Rear end gears. If you have a manual, get a different shifter. If an AODE, get a new torque converter and a shift kit.

Suspension. Subframe connectros. Don't add power, but help with getting power to the road. Same thing with lower control arms.

Heads / cam / intake. But, with the super you have to remember that you are likely getitng into significant upgrades to the fuel system at this point. Injectors, MAF, fuel pump. Also gonna have to get a tune...

Exhaust. Long-tube headers are best, shorties are OK, I would avoid equal shorties at all costs...but that is just me...get a nice cat back...

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
How much HP i can get out of the 95 with stock body ??
Do you mean "stock ENGINE"? Because the body has nothing to do with what kind of power you can make.

Also, the question you're asking is so vague that it's almost impossible to answer.

What exactly are you wanting to do? Do you have a certain HP goal in mind? How much money do you want to spend? Is this a track only, street only, or street/strip car?

You can make whatever HP you WANT to make. As long as you can afford it! There are no limits to making HP besides how much money you want to spend on it. You can have 1000HP if you want, or you can have a nice little 400HP street burner. It's all up to you, but you have to be way more specific with what you're looking for.

R

·
0 Posts
I've already got a super, NOS, cold air intake,and a intercooler. just wanting to know wat else i can do im a beginner so any advice is good . thnx

So you have a S/C w/intercooler CAI & Nitrous......:scratchchin

I feel i'm missing something here......:?:

Oh yeah i know i'm missing..........:eek:hknow

The shovel.......:smartass:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes stock body not engine. i want 1200 hp but worried about if i can and if on the street messin around if any thing my start flying.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
yes stock body not engine. i want 1200 hp but worried about if i can and if on the street messin around if any thing my start flying.
What exactly do you have done to the motor at the current time??? Saying "super" and "NOS" is about as helpful as telling someone who asks about Lake Superior that it's "a body or water."
What block?
What "super" (I assume supercharger)?
What "NOS" (which by the way is a brand, not a type of power adder)?
What heads?
What intake?
What transmission?

We really having this rash of people who want us to tell them everything they need to do to their cars while telling us nothing about... their car.
I think I'm going to hunt down that bran muffin now
:sterb:

R

·
0 Posts
Ok where are the camera's......:yup:

This has got to be some kind of a joke........:rollgrin:

Do you have a clue how much it will cost to make 1200HP......

For the motor not to mention the other components required.......

I have been around this game way to long......

Please don't attempt to piss on my shoes and tell me it raining.......

But a lot of this makes since i just look into the sky.......

Full moon......

Hence the term lunatic........:kooky:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.