Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, yes another newbie. My name is Jeff and live in Tucson, AZ. I drive a 95 GT with a few mods, but it is still slow compared to a Chevy; makes me madder than all get out too. I have had the car for three years and am very disappointed with the performance, but then I have a major need for speed, so it will probably never be fast enough. Also the T-5 was junk and the 3550 I put in it was probably messed up, bought used and a good price. For now I know I would be happy if it had 380-400 ponies running under her, kind of hard to do N/A. Would be nice if Ford could put 350 HP in a mustang gt and not charge us an arm, leg and a few other body parts for them; at least then we could keep up with a chevy.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome! My dad used to have a Comet a while back, how does it run?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

Nice stang, and your right from the factory Ford has not attempted to fight the horse power war outside their special runs, but you have a 5.0 and there are a ton of options to modify it, which is half the fun.

My 331 stroker can run with and over the larger Chevy engines, and the stangs are lighter so they don’t have to make the same power to be faster. Chevy might make a faster production car but they don’t have a current car with style, something the mustang never lacked.

Check out the 5.0 sections they will keep you busy for hours and have some great advise.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:hello: and :welcome: Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Check out the 5.0 and 94-95 sections, plenty of ideas in there.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hello Jeff and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Welcome to AFM... Glad you joined us!!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
:hello:and:welcomeflowers:To The Site.