Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have had my 1995 Gt for a couple of years now and it has been great. Recently I have had problems with it starting though. It will crank but will not switch over. The weird thing about it is that it only happens randomly. Some days it will start up like a dream but then the next day out of nowhere it wont start up.I took it to the dealer to get it thoroughly checked out and they had no problem starting it and found nothing wrong with it. Yet when i brought it home a couple of days later it wouldn't start. So far I have changed
starter module
mass air sensor
distributer
power pack(coil)
ECM relay
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
Please help thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
dont forget to start with the basics man. remember. Air. Spark. Fuel and compression.

If it turns over sometimes i would check for lose connections starting with the the battery cables. They may look good from the outside but they could be corroded on the inside only. Maybe battery terminal has corrosion.

Do u here your fuel pump turning on every time?
how do the spark plugs look?

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to check for those things thanks. It has never cut off while driving but who knows it could be the same problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Luckily it hasn't done it while driving, it's not much fun sitting on the side of the road until it decides it wants to start.

Sent from my X10a using AutoGuide.Com Free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts