Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 mustang how do to remove the radio. There are 4 holes on the front of the radio :headscratch:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
How do you remove the radio from a 1995 Mustang?
No problem. Just leave the car in a bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked.
(But disable the engine first so they don't take the whole car.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Radio Removal

There is a tool that you put into the holes and press
on clips to remove the radio. You may also be able to use two pieces of a metal coat hanger bent to put in there and depress the clips.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
You can buy or make your own tools or use four very small screwdrivers.

Buying will cost you ~$5. Making will cost you one metal clothes hanger.

Those four holes are indeed where the tools are inserted until they bottom out, then pushed outwards (towards the doors) while simultaneously pulling the radio out.

Radio Removal

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
No problem. Just leave the car in a bad neighborhood with the doors unlocked.
(But disable the engine first so they don't take the whole car.)
I was gonna be a smarty pants but someone beat me to it

·
Registered
152 Posts
2 pieces of metal coat hanger bent in the shape of a U and install on each side then pull the radio out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
go to walmart and pick up the ford removal keys/ tool, there flat metal peices you slide in and pull and out comes the radio. don't use a screw driver and pry like my dad did to mine.... and while your at walmart get your wiring harness too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
just take of the face part around your radio the front dash part then there should be 4 or 5 screws that need to be unbolted then it will just pull out and those little slots on the front of your deck that will just take the deck facing off dont think you wanna do that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mission impossible

OK, seriously. I did the thing with the coat hanger. Put the ends into all holes and pushed outward away from stereo, toward doors while trying to pull stereo out. No luck. Could it be that the little clips inside the holes are pushed outward and out of position? Thinking that I'm only forcing the clips into a "V" shape instead of depressing them into or toward the unit. Grrrr. 5 more minutes of prying and I'll have to resort to a sledge hammer. =]
P.S. I'm new here. My name's Trish, nice to meet you folks.
;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Radio Removal Tool, not so much

Tried the radio removal tool, no luck, stock stereo will not budge. I am thinking I will have to pull some plastic. There has to be bolts holding that radio in, they must be behind the center panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.