Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car for about 2 1/2 years.
We bought with problems which were fixed before it was ever taken on the road and it has been running fine except for this one issue.
When I would go to start my car (this issue happening only when it's cold) the RPMs would drop below 1000 and it would shake and act like it would cut off for a minute or two. If you let it run like that for a minute or two it would start running like normal.
Another issue (not sure if its related) when going down a hill and slowing to a stop the engine sometimes shuts off. Or moving when stopped it acts hesitant to go. The engine isn't overheating and I'm not hearing any unusual sounds. Is this just a simple fix or something major? Please help!

·
Registered
153 Posts
are there any codes stored? How is your battery? sounds like a fuel issue to me....is the check engine light on? if it cuts off going down a hill it could be a clogged fuel filter getting debris sloshing around in the lines....I have seen that before.....If the car has a lot of miles on it it should be replaced anyways if it has not been done in awhile....If thats ok you can check the fuel pressure it could be losing some indicating a fuel pump going bad....You could also have a clogged injector causing that issue as well...Good luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been awhile since the codes have been checked but I'm getting my father to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts