Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i've got a totally stock '95 v6 mustang that i just bought really cheap. i've already replaced the 'functional' parts that needed to be replaced in order to get her running, other than the ac compressor/condenser, and the transmission prob needs to be rebuilt, but other than that it's good lol so i'm going to start working on the fun stuff, starting with a brand new exhaust from headers to tips.. i'd appreciate some feedback.. i've researched it quite a bit, but there's always more to learn from more experienced dudes :bigthumbsup i'm taking it to a mom and pop shop down here in college station, tx *GIG 'EM AGGIES* to have it custom fabbed and installed, so let me know what you think

LT Headers

MAC Headers for V6 Mustang

(heard shortys not much, if any, better than factory)

High Flow cats

Magnaflow Performance Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters - JEGS

(product # 642-54305 or 642-54306 depending on the pipe diameter of my system - which i also have a question about)

Xcelerator mufflers (here are a couple of links with people (chevy owners-sry :so ) saying that they are very pleased with them) -- (Clarence, THE exhaust man, says they are identical to the flowmaster 40s, and cheaper-any first-hand opinions?)

SilveradoSS.com > New Exhaust

Xcelerator mufflers [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

he's custom fabbing me an x-pipe (actually provides for more hp, and not just a pressure equalizer like the h) and all the tubing required for the system, only PROBLEM is he doesn't have the equipment to mandrel-bend the pipes.. leaving those super-sexy ridges on the short side of the bend. QUESTION - does mandrel-bending *honestly* provide for a *noticeably* increased air-flow, or is it mainly so the cement will have something pretty to look at?

ONE MORE QUESTION.. as i said, the engine is totally stock.. prob throw in a CAI pretty soon, but other than that, i'm gonna be chilling on the mods for now.. damn tuition, on the real. PIPE DIAMETER? ultimate goal - supercharge the hoe! ..which would require 2.5 diameter piping for the increased air flow? if i put 2.5 on now, instead of the standard 2.25, without the car having any mods, will it run SLUGGISH? Like i said.. prob be years before i sc, if im ever able to :(

APPRECIATE THE INPUT EVERYONE!! i want to order everything in the next few days, so let me know!!

Thanks,

kyle

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
hey guys,

i've got a totally stock '95 v6 mustang that i just bought really cheap. i've already replaced the 'functional' parts that needed to be replaced in order to get her running, other than the ac compressor/condenser, and the transmission prob needs to be rebuilt, but other than that it's good lol so i'm going to start working on the fun stuff, starting with a brand new exhaust from headers to tips.. i'd appreciate some feedback.. i've researched it quite a bit, but there's always more to learn from more experienced dudes :bigthumbsup i'm taking it to a mom and pop shop down here in college station, tx *GIG 'EM AGGIES* to have it custom fabbed and installed, so let me know what you think

LT Headers

MAC Headers for V6 Mustang

(heard shortys not much, if any, better than factory)

High Flow cats

Magnaflow Performance Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters - JEGS

(product # 642-54305 or 642-54306 depending on the pipe diameter of my system - which i also have a question about)

Xcelerator mufflers (here are a couple of links with people (chevy owners-sry :so ) saying that they are very pleased with them) -- (Clarence, THE exhaust man, says they are identical to the flowmaster 40s, and cheaper-any first-hand opinions?)

SilveradoSS.com > New Exhaust

Xcelerator mufflers [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

he's custom fabbing me an x-pipe (actually provides for more hp, and not just a pressure equalizer like the h) and all the tubing required for the system, only PROBLEM is he doesn't have the equipment to mandrel-bend the pipes.. leaving those super-sexy ridges on the short side of the bend. QUESTION - does mandrel-bending *honestly* provide for a *noticeably* increased air-flow, or is it mainly so the cement will have something pretty to look at?

ONE MORE QUESTION.. as i said, the engine is totally stock.. prob throw in a CAI pretty soon, but other than that, i'm gonna be chilling on the mods for now.. damn tuition, on the real. PIPE DIAMETER? ultimate goal - supercharge the hoe! ..which would require 2.5 diameter piping for the increased air flow? if i put 2.5 on now, instead of the standard 2.25, without the car having any mods, will it run SLUGGISH? Like i said.. prob be years before i sc, if im ever able to :(

APPRECIATE THE INPUT EVERYONE!! i want to order everything in the next few days, so let me know!!

Thanks,

kyle

2.5" diameter is fine for a stock engine, and mandrel bends arent worthwhile for a stock engine. if you're s/c'd or turbo'd, then mandrel bends will make a difference.
the setup you have picked out seems great; LT's, highflows,xpipe,and "flowmaster40's". should sound very good.:bigthumbsup
good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
cant go wrong with magnaflow 54305. I have them installed I and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) either way its a great system and very easy to install. good luck :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

post some pics when you're done with all the planned mods :D:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input hombres! sounds like i did a decent job picking things out..

one more concern.

i've heard a bunch of ppl saying that the x-pipe produces a 'ricey' sound, which seems to be a mustang-owners' worst nightmare lol any stock in that concern? I know it actually adds a few horses compared with the h-pipe, but at this point sound is more of a concern to me than bumpin the hp up from 160 to 162 :hihi:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.