Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt the engine and have been having issues with it starting. Will crank over and start with starting fluid, but will not start on its own. Verified injector wiring and all was good with the noid light. Burpped injector rails and good pressure. Tested crank sensor and it is also good. At a loss as to what to check now, so if anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate it.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check the ECM grounds and fuel pump to make sure you are getting enough fuel to the injectors...Sometimes noid lights can fool you since you it just tells you you have a signal and not how much of one...You could have a voltage drop someplace and not know it....Maybe its something simple so just double check your work...Good luck!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Get a fuel pressure gauge on it.

If it runs on starting fluid the plugs are firing. That means crank sensor and the like are all making the ECM happy. So its lighting the plugs just fine.

The engine needs three things. Air, fuel, and spark. Make sure your air metering widget on that car is happy. I'm a Toyota mechanic, so I don't know what a 95 mustang uses, whether its an air flow meter or something else. Make sure that's hooked up and working right. If the ECM doesn't know how much air the engine is getting, it doesn't know how much fuel to add.

*But first* check your fuel pressure and confirm it's within spec. That's the easiest thing to troubleshoot. Worst case, you jsbe to rent a gauge from Autozone and screw it into your fuel rail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts