Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next summer I plan to convert my single port engine to a split port and even cam it as well. I know supersixmotorsports sells a great kit but I found this one much cheaper. V6 Mustang Performance - CRT RACING PERFORMANCE
Im not experienced with engine so can someone please tell me if this kit would make me split port? Also, why is it so much cheaper? how much power can I get out of split port and a cam? thanks

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Next summer I plan to convert my single port engine to a split port and even cam it as well. I know supersixmotorsports sells a great kit but I found this one much cheaper. V6 Mustang Performance - CRT RACING PERFORMANCE
Im not experienced with engine so can someone please tell me if this kit would make me split port? Also, why is it so much cheaper? how much power can I get out of split port and a cam? thanks
We know him. Buyer beware. He has been shamed out of most of the forums including this one. Cheaper is not better in this case. That's all I have to say..........

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your imput! What do you recommend I do? I remember you saying awhile ago that you could help me with this project because you live pretty close. Im still about a year away but Im like to plan things out. I really want some quality split port heads and a good cam. My goal is to beat the stock gts of the 1999-2004 era

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, Im open to many possibilities. By no means do I intend to be cheap but I do have a tight budget so I want the most cost-effective way to beef my car up. I don't want to do nitrous because I want consistant power but Im open to just about everything else. Basically, what is the most cost-effective way to reach 250-300 rwhp?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You could keep your single port stuff and just do ported Heads and intakes with a mild cam and make 230s

once you get to 250rwhp it gets tricky (nitrous/boost/outrageous n/a)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. I didn't realize that single port could still put out good numbers? What would the rwhp be with split port? do you recommend sticking with single port because its more cost effective or because the performance gains really aren't all that different?

R

·
0 Posts
Single ports can flow just as good as split ports. It just takes some work.
Tom Shine Jr's 600hp monster is still a single port.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
thanks. I didn't realize that single port could still put out good numbers? What would the rwhp be with split port? do you recommend sticking with single port because its more cost effective or because the performance gains really aren't all that different?
I would say, a good set of heads/intakes on a single port vs the same split port car would be very close to the same numbers.

If you add boost then it doesn't matter at all if its single or split port.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome! what about the price of parts/install? how do they compare?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts