Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mustang at the moment has 153k miles on it, got the supercharger installed maybe 2k miles ago. So i took my friend for a drive in my car, flooring it through all the gears, and everything was perfect, even the start up for it. Then all of a sudden after the fun was over, we took a trip to Albertsons, and in the part lot it started to surge a little bit..so i proceeded to park, and when i came back out and went to start it, it kept cranking but wouldnt turn on. so i let go, and tried again about 10 seconds later, and held it for about 5 seconds...still nothing.. so i let go and tried again, and it started, but very slowly. it started, and it had the sound of a VERY lopey cam, and worked its way up to the normal idle rpm range...and it does this sporadically now... Im scared its something serious, seeing as my honda civic daily driver blew a head gasket 2 days ago.. i seem to have the worst luck with cars.. what do you guys think the problem is? or can any of you help me narrow it down? Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Check all of your vacuum hoses/pipes, electrical connections, and scan the computer for codes. It's probably something very simple.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
Small blocks are notorious for spark plugs needing to be FRESH...check your wires and plugs first, make sure they are pristine...good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts