Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 3.8 mustang i am having major issues with. it will idle fine has a little trouble cranking but does crank ok. i can rev it up i nuetral (5 speed) and she it great feels strong. when i first start it she runs ok for about a mile or so, then it will start to misfire a little bit then when i try to floor it she will not hardle go. if i press the pedal about a 1/4 of the way down she will pull ok if i keep it around 2000-2200 rpm no misfire or hesitation. its alway #2 cylinder misfire, but over 2500 feels like its bogging down. also if i take a sharp turn she want to almost stall out. very weird it just started a week ago. i changed the plugs and put a H-pipe and flowmasters w/o cats and for about a week it ran great. Please I need help!!

i have changed the fuel pump, plugs, coil, cam and crank sensor, tps, cleaned MAF, and IAC, throttle body. it has full exhaust change not cats.

·
Registered
684 Posts
a new fuel pump is useless if your filter is clogged ;)
Injectors could be dirty by now too.

O/R exhuast changes AFR w/o tune.

Double check all vacuum hoses, wiring, etc etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like the problem i had with a dirty fuel filter should be around the tank. Mine would run fine unless i tried to floor it. Also could be a vaccum leak. check engine light on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts