Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a different mustang, and selling the 87 5.0 t top. The one im looking at has an eagle crank and rods, 5.0 stroker kit, .020 over dished pistons, supercharger, etc. The guy says there are 600 mi on the motor being professionally done. He also said he was driving it this last week and the rpm was surging so he shut it off. Apparently he tried to restart it (everything else works as it should, radio, electronics, etc) and it turns over, just wont start. Also the theft light comes on when he turns it over. The price is right, so any ideas of what this is? Does the theft light always come on when you're turning it over, and go away once its started?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
The above post contains more mechanical wisdom than I could possibly add to, wmburns is a tough act to follow.

What I will say though, is it does sound like a pretty nice car at least once it's issues are figured out. Assuming it's built right, anyway - as I'm sure you're aware, buying a heavily modded car can be risky and sometimes you just inherit somebody else's basket case. In addition to that, looks like you have a pretty nice Fox (and for whatever issues it may or may not have, at least it's "the devil you know"). Especially with it being a T-top car, I would have a very hard time parting with it. Personally I would have an easier time regretting passing on a car I don't have that regretting letting go of a car I used to have. If it's meant to be, maybe there's a way you can have both?

Anyway, good luck n' keep us posted.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Does the car have more than 1 key? If it does try to start it with the other key. In the last 6 months I have seen about 7 or 8 Fords with a busted key that causes a no start condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts