Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so my everyday car is starting to smoke. It is alright when it first starts up. You will be driving it and it runs fine and everything seems to me normal. But once that the car gets warm and you come to a stop and go to leave the clutch out you can see blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. I have a feeling that it is the valve steals that are going bad in it being that it has 100000 miles on it. I have an extra set of non pi heads and cams laying around with only 44000 mile on them that are out of my other stang. I just dont have the time to change the heads and everything right now. Mostly because i dont have another car to drive to work and there is no way i am taking the good stang to work.

So i was wondering if anyone had any other idea that could be causing this problem that i could try first before tearing the whole thing apart. . . Any ideas would be great

THANKS

·
Registered
75 Posts
royal purple make s some synthetic lube you run through your engine and will help a lil but its just a bandaid i would drain the oil and look for metal flakes in the oil no metal particals i would replace with RP and the additive and see how it does after that

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok sounds good i will have to try some kind of high mileage oil. Hopefully this will help the old girl out.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts