Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some blogs about this on here and most people state go get a v8. Let me start by saying I already got a 2006 GT vert and I'm happy with it! But I have always wanted to swap the 3.8 for a 4.6 in my 1996 mustang. I love that car to death and I just need to know some basics here. I know that the engine, wiring, speed cluster, suspension, tranny all need to be change. I already got a dual exhaust that is made for a GT. I think i would have to get different headers for it cause the headers i got are made for the v6. The engines i'm looking at come with just the block and you have to buy the parts to complete the built. Is there anything else that I'm missing for the swap to become complete? And is there any good places to get a NEW engine from? I look at stage 3 motorsports and then have they 4.6 block. any other good places. I just doing research and need to learn more about it!

Thanks

Travis

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
You also need to change the brake booster plus I am sure there are more parts. IF you don't already have a complete 4.6L engine for atleast parts then you need all the engine's electronics and fuel system as well. You would be smarter to buy a wrecked 4.6L GT than yo try to assemble it yourself. Doing it your way is going to be incredibly expensive and it would be cheaper to buy a good 4.6L car that is ready to drive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.