Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought my second Mustang but this is the first Mustang forum of any kind I have joined. That being said here is what is happening, Can I get some help?

I have a '96 ragtop with the 3.8L V6, I bought it about 2 weeks ago. Anyway, I was down in Pittsburgh running the hills and I spun a bearing in the engine somewhere.

My questions are:

1. I've heard that the bottom ends of these engines are weak. Is this true?

2. Where is a good place for me to find a new set of stock bearings?

3. Plans are to add a blower over the winter. Forged internals will be a necessity. Where can I find those?

Thank you so much guys, can't wait to hear some answers.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
the search button is your friend. this has been covered several times. there are several great companies that you can contact for pistons or engine assemblies.
i guess you can say the bottom end is weak, but has been know to hold 400+ for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for recommendations more than I am looking for a place to go. Finding a random place is easy, you're correct. Who have you used and is your stuff holding up ok?

·
Registered
264 Posts
the question isn't what company, it's how much r you looking to dump into this sixer. then you'll have a better idea at what you're looking at:kooky:

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I'm looking for recommendations more than I am looking for a place to go. Finding a random place is easy, you're correct. Who have you used and is your stuff holding up ok?
Most of his stuff is SSM If I remember correctly (supersixmotorsports)
His father however runs GSSmotorsports, where I'm going in a couple weeks, both are good companies but look at there websites to get idea of prices, there is also moronav6racing.com all three are great just choose your price range for the company :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
yes most of mine is supersix for the moment...
Gss is also proven!

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Gss is also proven!
Well of course they are, that's why I'm headed there haha
Just avoid delk performance, they seem to have some problems..... :winks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts