Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my uncles 1996 Mustang Cobra SVT from him the other day. He drove it for a while, but then bought another car and didn't drive the Cobra much. Now i own it. The car did sit for a couple years under a car cover with very little use. Anyways, the Tachometer did work last anyone can remember now it does not. checked the fuses and everything is fine. Haven't been able to find much of any help by searching threads. If anyone has any suggestions on what might be the culprit or what to do to troubleshoot the problem that would be awesome. The car was originally sold in Canada, so the speedometer is in Km/Hr (dont know if that makes a difference or not). Oh, and when i say it doesn't work. I mean like it just sits at zero and does not move at all, in any rpm's. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it's probably the ECU or tach signal wire...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok. So if it did end up being the tach signal wire, would you happen to know where that wire starts and ends at?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem with my 94. The car sat for 6.5 years while I was working overseas. It worked fine before then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
mines a 95 and same thing i was told hadnt been registered last 8yrs someone told me maybe something in the ignition

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same problem with my 94. The car sat for 6.5 years while I was working overseas. It worked fine before then.
mines a 95 and same thing i was told hadnt been registered last 8yrs someone told me maybe something in the ignition

Did either of you guys ever end up getting it fixed? if so what did you do to fix it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts