Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Mustang Convertable and I have a slight problem.. When I try to start the car by turning the ignition there is nothing but when I hit the remote starter the car turns right over what am I doing wrong ???

Mike

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
when u remote start it and then u put ur key in and turn it to the on position can u then drive around in it or does it turn off?.. also when did you get the remote starter put in.. just prior to this happening?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the remote starter was already in the car when I bought it and yes I can put the key in the ignition and drive the car after it is started and another little quirk I noticed is that the turn signals are going crazy even after I turn the key off. I always thought I was a good mechanic but I guess not

masbill

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
sounds like an electrical problem to me.. like ur ignition switch isnt telling ur starter to turn.. so id say check for loose/ disconnected wires to the ignition.. and.. i dunno about the blinkers ill let someone else advise you on that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My friend was right it was stuck in ant-theft mode i reset the alarm and it started right up thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.