Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here goes my story. My clutch cable was frayed so i replaced it then about two days later my clutch went out :laugh:. I pulled tranny and replaced clutch throwout bearing and piolet bearing. After tranny was installed i adjusted the cable with throwout bearing sitting 1/8 inch away from pressure plate like forums say. I got in the car and started tried to put in first but wouldnt go at all. I pulled tighter and it was fine for about 30 min of driving then wouldnt go into gear. I got it back to the house and got under to check cable and it had about 1/2 inch of play in the cable again. I adjusted and was fine for 30 min this has happened 3 times. I know the nuts arent moving on the threads cuz i marked with pen. PLEASE HELP:worship

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do you have the stock clutch quadrant or an aftermarket one, mine was aftermarket when I got it so no experience with the stock one, but from what I hear it's plastic and self adjusting, maybe it's jacked up and not holding the adjustment right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up pulling the cable and found the inner lining of the cable housing had actually pulled threw the firewall :nono: every time i pressed the clutch I bought steeda cable kit it should be here in a couple days. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.