Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new here to allfordmustangs. We have a 1996 Mustang GT convertible for some years now. It's white with black top and grey leather interior. It has 138k miles and overall in good shape. It's all stock but I have upgraded the all plastic intake manifold to the Dorman with aluminum crossover.

Some of the mods or reconditioning I will be doing in the future are the following:

1. Mufflers/Exhaust - (I have the original all stainless steel h Pipe set up from factory but would like something a bit more throatier and some additional HPs.
  2. Black Convertible Top - It's fading a bit and has some small tears. It has the factory defroster in the back glass window.
  3. Headlights- These are fogging and I will be changing them to the factory-looking ones.
  4. Tires- I have the factory GT 17" chrome wheels to support the 245 45 17 tires. My before last set (when I bought the car) were goodyear eagles (prob factory), but went with Sumitomo few years ago as replacements. These currently only have maybe 40k miles and already just few days ago I had a blow out on the right rear tire on the freeway. I will need to get a whole new set of 4 replaced soon. I don't want to go that cheap again on tires but I can't afford too expensive tires either, any recommendations would be great!
  5. Rear end - It's making noise now and I had the fluid replaced with synthetic and so far it hasn't gotten better. I'm afraid I will be having to replace the rear end in the future. I lagged on doing a fluid replacement when I was supposed to.
  6. Stereo - I have the stock CD/Cassette AM/FM with the Mach 460 speakers. Although the stereo system works find the door speakers are going out.
  7. Right left window - It just froze up on me. Sounds like it may be the window motor. We'll see.
That's it for the most part. I'm glad to be here. If you hae any advise or suggestions that would be great. Thanks. :worship

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Welcome to AFM.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Greetings and welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Welcome to AFM! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Rob welcome to the family.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hey, welcome to AFM. You're gonna love it here. Any questions that you need answered I can guarantee someone will know the answer. This is a top notch site, with a bunch of top notch members:bigthumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.