Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took my 1996 mustang gt 8cyl 4.6L SOCH 5speed out after i had try'd to replace the ignition cylinder but had to put the old one back in and so i was driving it up my occasional hills and about 1 mile i turn around and it just starts to die out everytime i give it gas. Any help please

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
it may be the security system turning off the fuel pump...just a shot in the dark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats very true and makes since, but how would i fix that do u know?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Check Engine light on?? I don't think it is PATS as was suggested; in my limited experience if there were an issue related to that then the car would not start at all, and would also be accompanied by the "THEFT" light flashing rapidly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it will sometimes come on and ill wait about a minute and it'll go off and ill start it. I have had that problem for about 2 years. But i also had broken the key half in and half out of the igintion.?

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
My 1st guess for the lack of power is a blown fuse. Especially if the symptom was not present before the repair.

My 2nd guess is an intake vacuum leak.

It sure would be nice to know what the fuel pressure is.

So why did you have to put the old ignition switch back in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i fixed it it turned out to be that the day before i took it out i upluged the alternator wires and it was running off the battery so i charged the battery again and put it ack in and it worked fine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts