Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the location of the horn. The fuse and the relay seem to be in good condition but I thought it might be the connection at the horn. I believe the horn is located in the front driver side fender but was unable to see or feel it. Please confirm it is there or am I barking up the wrong tree.

G

·
the horns are up in the leftside fender well, you'll have to remove the plastic splash shield to sea and service it.....I doubt it's the horns, 99% of the time it's the "clock spring" for the horn, c/c and air bag which is behind/underneath the steering wheel and a royal pita to change-out...........

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Wreck

+ infinity to what Randy said.

Also, and this is just general info, if the car has been wrecked, even a while back, its VERY probable that the problem is with the spring, either directly or as a result of distortion. When the airbag lets go, it distorts the brace-work (small, relatively flimsy metal brackets). Most body shops do NOT replace these items, but just slap in a new bag.

I have seen Mustangs running around with the air bag pad sitting pushed forward half an inch or more due to this. And yes, it can certainly affect the horn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
horn problems

thanks for your responses. I will look into the spring before locating the horn. I appreciate your advice.

martolstang67

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.