Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to the site. I have a 1996 Ford Mustang Gt. I have a question. Some days it will pop out of 2nd and 4th gear. I've heard a lot about synchronizers and shift forks, but I don't think mine is that serious because it only happens sometimes. When it does happen, it feels like it doesn't completely go into the gear. When you let out the clutch, it pops out and scrapes a little. I have thought about changing the fluid to Royal Purple Synchromax but not sure if that will do the trick. I was just wondering if you all had any advice before I hurt my transmission any more. Thanks.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
:hello: and :welcomeflowers:

·
Registered
46,010 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Honestly man I think you need to either have your tranny rebuilt or get another one. I was having the same exact issues with mine only it just did it in 5th gear but it would grind going into the gear and when I would let off the clutch it would pop back out but i think i messed up when it got caught in reverse one day and i was already pissed that day so I just kicked it out of gear lol and I'm pretty sure it bent the shift forks. I went and bought a new transmission and I'm working on installing it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts