Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone hope i can get some help here. I went to start my car up yesterday and when i turned it over it would not start, it would crank, the theft light was blinking and kept blinking. I also found that my EEC fuse was blown. I replaced it and it blew again. I have no anti theft in my car. I tried all 3 keys that i own and the same thing with each. Iam somewhat knowledgable about cars so any ideas would be apreciated.
Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Sounds like there may be a problem with the pats, but it could also be a short somewhere in the ecm circuit, that would cause the fuse to keep blowing, and without that fuse the car isn't going to start. Check your grounds, and the connections in the fuse box, it almost has to be a wiring problem. The theft light should go away when you find why the ecm fuse is blowing so focus on that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello everyone hope i can get some help here. I went to start my car up yesterday and when i turned it over it would not start, it would crank, the theft light was blinking and kept blinking. I also found that my EEC fuse was blown. I replaced it and it blew again. I have no anti theft in my car. I tried all 3 keys that i own and the same thing with each. Iam somewhat knowledgable about cars so any ideas would be apreciated.
Thanks
Shawn
It could be the fuel pump, take the air intake tube off the throttle body and put a little fuel or starter fluid and see if it'll take off for a little.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You must find out what's causing the fuse to blow. Unplug the ECM and install another fuse, If it still blows then there is most likely a short in the wiring somewhere. If the fuse doesn't blow with the ECM unplugged and then when you plug the ECM in it blows then the short must be in the ECM itself. Is there any aftermarket items installed like guages, lights, stereo, alarm or anything else that may have been incorrectly put on the ECM circuit? You may want to get a wiring diagram to see what else is on the ECM circuit that you can unplug to narrow your search. My best guess is a wire that is shorting out or a faulty ECM. Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ecm

THere is no aftermarket items on the car, where is the ECM located? I will try it this evening after work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rightside kick panel

My voltage meter on my dash has been running on the low side around 10,11v for quite awhile, i am thinking that something has been draining the volts for quit a while and now it has went out. What runs off the EEC fuse that i can check that may have went out? Could i use a voltage meter to check and what readings should i get. I took the PCM out and it still blew the fuse.
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
problem solved

I started by unhooking electrical components that feed the EEC fuse one at time, the second try was the air condition compressor. I unhooked the power supply and inserted a new fuse and it started right up.
thanks for the advice
shawn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.