Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so far I have a CAI and Pypes duel Catback X exhaust, I was wanting to do acouple more mods aswell... I was lookin at new underdrive pulleys, 3.73 gears, and a SCT Tuner.... Wat kind of horsepower would I be looking at after that ?

already have these ...
Exhaust: eBay Motors: 96-04 MUSTANG V6 3.8 TRUE DUAL EXHAUST W/ CATS X-PIPE (item 250243254287 end time May-07-08 15:37:58 PDT)

CAI: Mustang V6 Cold Air Intake Kit (94-98 V6)

Looking at these...
Tuner: SCT X3 Power Flash Mustang Tuner - The 3rd Generation SCT XCalibrator Handheld

Pulleys: BBK Aluminum 3.8L Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley Kit (94-98 V6)

Gears: Mustang 3.73 Gears for 7.5 Rear End at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping

·
Registered
623 Posts
i say get the rear end from shine first! and maybe look into the split port swap?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Take the deal:bigthumbsup you'll have more money in your pocket for the other mods plus more.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i say get the rear end from shine first! and maybe look into the split port swap?
split port swap is a must! you will really tell the difference with it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was looking at the whole splitport thing, but my dad wont go for it.... hes really tight on what he will let me do, even though its my car and its my money... its because he pays the insurance.... he pretty much wont let me touch the engine, but im thinkin ill get him to let me get the gears and tuner... what would the pro's and con's of them be? would I feel a difference?

·
Registered
240 Posts
i really dont see many cons in gears and a tuner. The cons for gears can be that your top speed will decrease a little but you will accelerate faster and reach your power level faster ("power level" didnt really know how to word it). i dont see any cons in a tuner. more MPG and more power. the price can be a little hard for some people but thats about it unless im missing something which i dont think i am

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
That sounds right. Powerband is what I think he meant:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
powerband is exactly what i meant haha thanks guys, i was a little out of it.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.