Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1996 Mustang V6..when we bought the car the check engine light was not on..after about 2 weeks it came on...I have had a guy work on it several times..they have put a new Purge Valve on it the first time. That is what the computer stated was wrong..plus several new hoses. Now the light come on and will stay on for 10 miles or so and go off...then come back on..it has stay on for a day and went off..everytime I take it back the error code is P1443. They say its in the fuel vaccum system. Anyone had this problem or know how to repair it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
could be electrical could be your gas cap that needs to be replaced broken charcoal canister broken vacuum lines from gas tank to canister and from canister to purge solenoid

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you can have someone do a smoke test on your EVAP system because you may have a leak which could throw off the codes. The fact that it throws off codes means that the readings of the input devices read out of what should be normal or acceptable. It could be more than one thing causing it so I would be careful about throwing parts at it because that can get expensive real fast. Btw there could be a TSB on it also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We found what was wrong. My model has to vaccum fuel values..was told by a Ford dealer 90% of the time when you replace one you have to replace the other. We did and now the light is off. Thank you for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts